If you’re after gaining experience of working with a small publisher, and get a thrill from reading and helping others, this could be the blog post for you!
About The Role
To keep up with our growing submissions and feedback requests, we’re opening recruitment to bring in more editors to work alongside our current volunteers, and help potentially make a difference to the lives of writers around the world. There’s no thrill quite like knowing you played a key role in an emerging writer being published for the first time. And there’s more to get out of it than just helping others; by reading submissions, you will improve your editorial skills, eye for detail, and be exposed to a variety of different literary styles; by proving feedback to others, you’ll become more aware of the skills that underpin the construction of literature, and, if you’re a writer yourself, I can guarantee you’ll be become more adept at understanding your own style.
This is a varied role, with the opportunity to become more involved within Bandit as time passes, but starting responsibilities will include:
- To review submissions and score them, using our scoring system.
- To participate in discussions regarding submissions where appropriate.
- To provide feedback (where requested) for submissions they have read.
- To provide an editorial service, in accordance to the service offered by Bandit Fiction. (Editors may opt out of providing this service, should they wish).
How To Apply
If you think that this sounds like the role for you, then there are two ways to apply. Either, you can apply by Facebook, using this link here, or you can email us a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as the answers to these three questions:
- What are your three favourite books?
- What is your experience of writing, publishing, and editing?
- What do you think you can bring to Bandit Fiction as an Editor?
Applications close 31st January
If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know in the comments section or drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.